Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Thursday morning

Today Camden got her 2 month well baby shots! Poor thing wailed. I felt sooo bad for her. I admit that I was "that mom" that you see walking out of the room all teary eyed trying to calm her baby. (Dennis had tears in his eyes too, but he was also laughing... His reasoning? He said she was over dramatic- uuuuh you try being that old and getting 3 big needles stuck in her little chubby thighs!!!). Anyway, she was grumpy and fussy and I fed her and then she was perfectly fine. She even started talking to me in the waiting room. Mostly about her doctors visit and how much that mean lady made her cry. My poor baby.

Oh, Camden turns 3 months old tomorrow! Yes, we are in fact behind on her shots. But only because we had to go stateside 3 days before her appointment and had to cancell! And the earliest we could get in was today. I did make her 4 month well baby appointment today though :). It's the 22nd and I'm not looking forward to it.

She is now 13lbs and 24in long! My baby is 2 feet!! Haha :). I can't believe she has almost doubled in weight and is now 5in longer than when she was born! She amazes me every day. In fact, yesterday she started to chuckle. Cutest thing I think I have ever seen. She is more aware of her surroundings, she watches me intently when I'm around, she has started noticing her toys more and more, and get this? We have full on conversations several times a day. Conversations about her dreams, how her day is going, what she wants to do, how much she loves me and daddy and Roxy. She also loves to smile and giggle and pull things to her face. Could life get any more amazing than this? No, I don't think it could :)

A few weeks ago Dennis and I were having a conversation about a second child. This is not a subject I like because I do NOT want a second child. My reasoning? Well, I don't want to rob Cam of any attention. I want to be there for her every step of the way without having number 2 hanging on. I know this sounds selfish, but come on? I just couldn't imagine loving a second child as much as I love Camden (although I was caught off guard at how much my heart swelled for her.). I'm also thinking of Roxy. The poor thing is as jealous as it gets!

Dennis desperately wants a boy. Some days I wish Camden was a boy- ok not really (I got my wish! I got my wish!). But only so that he'll shut up about a boy!

Oh and yes we are moving. We were bumped to the top of the list for housing (yaaay!!!) and will be moving in like 2 months... ish... I never really wanted to live on base because the whole off base experience is great. Plus this means no guest bedroom, half the living space we have now, no personal yard (poor Roxy!), no garage... This also means we'll have neighbors. Next to us, under us, above us, alllllll around. I'm not thrilled. But hell, being around Americans sounds better than being around -cough- the people that have been putting Nazi signs on our cars. While I will admit, it probably was just the "kinder" it also makes me feel very very uncomfortable while Dennis is away and my front door is GLASS. Yeaaaah, fuck that.

Oh and about that dream... No I was not thinking about an old mans balls or pubes. I reread what I wrote and I know I said that I dream about things that I think about prior to going to bed. I was thinking about my brother, sister, my old friend, and getting my hair cut. Oh and a party that my dad is throwing sometime soon. The girlfriend's kids came in when I was skyping with dad and saw them. Also my parents being together is a normal thing to think about since I've only been around them for 2 or 3 weeks as "seperated." All very normal things. The skinny black girl? I was thinking about Haiti................ Yeah......... Ok! Anyway!

Well since I had a very early wake up call for that appointment this morning, I'm going to follow Camden's lead on this whole nap thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment