Thursday, February 11, 2010

Eff you, snow, eff you.

I'm from North Carolina therefore I don't know how to drive in the snow!! It started snowing AGAIN last night. The snow from the last time had started to melt and had pretty much turned to big blocks of ice in different places. Now on top of that ice is a nice layer of new snow. What does this mean? It means I can't drive in it! I had an appointment today and had to be there an hour early (thank goodness for birth control!). Well I left at around 9:45 and the 10 minute drive IN TRAFFIC took me a whopping 45 minutes. It was insane. Even the autobahn wasn't cleared. Autobahn+snow= scary. It took me 20 minutes to get up the mountain to my house. There was a van that was going sideways and so the other cars were slowing down and passing it. Well, when I had to slow down and start going again, I started turning sideways. I almost got stuck. I not only had Camden with me but I didn't have a cell phone and NO way to dig myself out (God forbid I get stuck...). The 30 seconds it normally takes me to get from the light to where you turn to go to Burg Nanstein took me about 20 minutes to get up at 20k. 20k=10mph. I just kept saying "Please God, let me get to my house in one piece with my daughter AND my car! I will NEVER drive when the weather is like this again I swear! Especially not without a 4wd car! PLEASE!"

The good news? I'm not pregnant (yay) and I'm officially on birth control (yay)! Camden was a golden child, as usual.

Camden has officially started sleeping in her own crib. We've also established when nap time is during the day. She usually has a nap at around 10 or 11 and then again around 4 or 5. Last night though, she was hungry a little earlier and she started falling asleep around 7. So I had to keep her awake until I gave her a bath. After her bath she pretty much fell asleep on the couch next to me while we waited for daddy to get home. She woke up, ate, and was out around 9. She slept for 5 hours. We're getting there. I'm hoping by this time next week that she'll be sleeping 7 hours again. Hopefully longer (but I'm not holding my breath).

We're currently looking for a new house here in Germany though. In the past few months we've had firecrackers thrown at our windows (past 10pm), kids coming into our FENCED IN BACK YARD, snowballs thrown at our windows (past 10pm with a newborn), kids having sex behind our house in the ally (which was pretty hilarious because Roxy scared the crap out of them. Even when the sun goes down here, you can still see pretty well- in the summer that is...), Nazi signs on our cars! (the landlord said it was just "kinder" umm hello, no it was not! Authorities just recently arrested 2 head gang leaders that were trying to get guns to kill as many Americans as possible. This is so not cool.). And I know there's more but I couldn't even think of the rest. But those are pretty good reasons to move I think. Especially the last one. Oh and people have also stolen our bio cans- seriously, what the fuck? Well, I had an appointment last night and today but I was unable to go to either one because the one last night was at 7 and it was dark and it had started to snow and I have no GPS. Fml. The one today I had to cancel because of the snow. Well when I called to cancel the guy says "That house has been rented out. Someone came to look at it last night." FML! Plus the waiting list to get on base housing is a 12-14 month wait :(. Could this get any worse???

Well, I need to find something better to do with my time than stay on the internet! Plus I need to check on Camden...

3 comments:

  1. Ah! It definitely sounds like you need to move! We have super crazy neighbors that live beneath us, but nothing that scary.

    And I hear you about the snow... Pittsburgh has 3 feet and I WANT IT GONE. GONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man i would be up every night waiting for those kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been nights where we do stay up and wait.... And we DO call the Polizie but guess what they do? Nothing. Gay gay gay gay. We're moving.

    ReplyDelete