Monday, March 15, 2010

May angels lead you in.

So I've been meaning to blog for the past few days now but I can't find time to just sit down and do it. Camden is going through a phase where she's hungry all the time and if I don't feed her RIGHT THEN AND THERE then she's going to just die. I know, totally dramatic. And this happens pretty much every hour and a half. But we did finally get one of those super cool play gym mat things for her and she LOVES it!

Dennis is finally getting better. The wound is getting much smaller now and it looks healthy. Which is fantastic. He is moving around better but he still can't carry anything heavy- which is fine because we all know that I'm a beast :).

Hmmm... I feel extremely selfish right now because this post is supposed to be about one of my friends...

Well, as some of you or all of you might now, a friend of mine lost her baby a few days ago to SIDS. She's one of the ladies that I went through my pregnancy with- well kinda. There's a site- www.whattoexpect.com (which I advise everyone that is pregnant to use- and yes, even the dads can use this site!) and a forum that I frequented while I was pregnant, and still do, and that's where I met this wonderful lady. Michael was almost 5 months old when he passed and it's incredibly sad.

So for the past 2 nights I've been scared to death that something horrible would happen to Camden and I check on her often. I check on her atleast 6 times before I go to sleep. And yes, she's back to sleeping in our bedroom (well atleast until we get oil damn it). She slept with us one night because every time I tried putting her down she woke up and cried and I woke up having a nightmare thinking that she was dead in my arms. I think I about had a heartattack.

It shouldn't take a tragedy to realize what you have and how lucky you are. I will never take advantage of Camden or Dennis or Roxy or any of the rest of my family for that matter again. Or atleast I will try to not be so selfish. Especially with Camden since she's teething and she's fussy lately and all I want to do is cry because she's frustrating me! But I remind myself that I could not have her tomorrow and I snuggle her more, kiss her all the time, and play with her all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment