Thursday, January 7, 2010

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers

So here we are again, another day, another night. Tomorrow Cam will be 7 weeks and I have my postpartum checkup! Dennis left today for a week- the first time since I was 36 weeks pregnant. I'm not excited about it in the least, but it's his job and I accept that. I'm actually kind of jealous of him right now, he gets to go away and get a full nights rest for a whole week!

Today I decided to put Cam in her crib for a nap. She only slept for about half an hour. But instead of picking her up and feeding her- which is what I normally do- I decided to just turn her mobile on. She was so cute! She really loves that mobile...

In other news she finally had her big blow out!! Since Tuesday when we took her to the ER because she hadn't pooped since Friday (yikes!) but everything was ok. Well, even though mommy was happy that baby pooped, she was not so thrilled to have to change THAT diaper! Haha.

Roxy also got a bath today- FINALLY. Roxy is our wonderful, playful, loving 1 year old black lab. She has been in desperate need of a bath and today she actually jumped in the shower with me. Now she is all silky and smooth and smells wonderful! Yaay :)

So I'm going to start where I left off last night...

Well, after Camden was born of course everyone was so excited about her. She was gorgeous and perfect in every way! My bestfriend here was there (even if she was behind the curtain! haha) and she was the one that took the pictures and then Dennis had to go get his grandma while I waited for the epi to wear off. And then one of Dennis' work buddies came up to see us as well. I think that's everyone from the first night. From then on I really didn't get any visitors. We were only there until Sunday afternoon even though they told us that we would be staying until Monday afternoon. But Camden was latching perfectly, I was doing great and didn't seem too overwhelmed, and ofcourse she was gaining weight like a good baby should :). She weighed 6lbs 9oz at her 4 day old appointment! She was doing so well in fact that the doctor thought she was doing her 2 week well baby instead of her first one.

I can't really tell you how those first few weeks went. They're all a mess of sleepless nights and days where I slept in until 2 or 3. Dennis was wonderful. He did most of the cooking and cleaning (as in the laundry and the dishes when we ran out haha) while I nursed and took care of the baby.

Well that's all gor tonight... It's way too hard to type with one hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment